Thursday, March 22, 2007

A caberet, 2 birthday parties, a busy week!




This week I went to two surprise birthday parties - both were fun, but very different. One was just a dinner in a fabulous restaurant, and one was a huge bash organized by my friend Andrea for her husband. When Andrea organizes, she makes Martha Stewart look like a slob. The party was FUN, with a show, a slide show, music, Italian food, and a red and black theme, that made it look really chic, even though the whole thing was at a warehouse! It didn't look anything like a warehouse when Andrea finished with it - balloons, confetti, and one Very Very surprised husband, lol. (here are two photos of the black and red surprise party - one with the kids (my son making balloons) and one of my hubby and me.


The caberet show was from a friend who called last minute and asked if I wanted to come to a private show at the brand new Bobin'O caberet in Paris. I'd never been to a caberet, so of course I said 'YES!' The caberet has just opened, and this week it is having shows for the press, for the hotel industry, and for the 'Friends of the Bobin'O', - and that's the party we went to. My friend's husband is a sound engineer, and he set up the sound for the show.
It was a lot of fun, a great troop, a nice mix of comedy and dancing, talented actors and dancers, and wonderful scenery and costumes. I wish I'd brought my camera with me, because the caberet was stunning - sparkling new with great decor and like I said, the costumes were amazing. Afterwards everyone mingled - the dancers and actors came to have drinks, and we got home at 3 a.m. after driving through the second snowstorm of the year, lol.

Here's a link to the Bobin'O site - it loads slow, but you get a good idea of the caberet.

2 comments:

Stacia said...

Your husband has the most distinguished top-of-head I've ever seen.

Even more than my salt-and-pepper husband, who used to have one white streak at his right temple.

What a cool party, and how awesome, a cabaret!

Sam said...

Thanks December, he is pretty good looking!
And it's true Bonita!
I can hardly keep my eyes open today - I'm not used to the party life! LOL