Thirteen Things I love about ARGENTINA
I just drove my husband to the airport - he's off to Argentine for ten days, the lucky guy! I love Argentina, and here's why:
1. I went there for my honeymoon
2. Bueanos Aires looks like Paris
3. In the spring, the city is covered with flowering Judas trees - beautiful lavender flowers everywhere
4. The people are wonderful
5. The meat is amazing - my favorite is asado de tira (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) beef short ribs, grilled, with salad.
6. The countryside is wild, full of emus and horses
7. The polo fields are in the middle of the city, and polo is the national sport
8. Driving is a bit crazy - the roads are so full of potholes you drive on the shoulder half the time
9. Alfajorés (sweet bisquits with dulcé de leché and chocolate)
10. It's fun to go to the tango bars
11. There are sea lions in the ocean. The coast is fabulous.
12. When it's winter here, it's summer there.
13. The Argentines have a fun sense of humor, even when things are terrible they can joke. Here is a joke someone sent me when the country was bankrupt and rioting:
Two men are in a bar talking. One man says to the other,
"I have the answer to our problems. All we have to do is declare war on the U.S., they'll come and win the war, and then rebuild our country!"
His friend looked at him and said, "Yes, but what if we win?"
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Kate Rothwell
2. Douglas Hoffman
3. Jona's Thirteen
5. Ocean Lady
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants