Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Play Along!

Current Clothing: sweat pants, tee-shirt, zipped sweater (I'm off to yoga class in 15 minutes)

Current Hair: Ponytail for yoga class. Keeps slipping out though. Messy.

Current Mood: Still euphoric about getting an agent. Thinking about rewrites; taking book apart in my head.

Current Refreshment: White tea.

Current Annoyance: The freezing rain. It's all slushy mud outside. Ugh.

Current Avoidance: Ironing

Current Smell: Wet dogs - they just came indoors.

Current Thing You Ought to be Doing: Getting ready for yoga.

Current Thing or Things on Your Wall: My French rugbyman calendar. (Oh La La!!)

Current IM person You’re Talking To: No one’s online!

Current Jewelry: wedding ring.

Current Book: I'm reading a mystery set in the middle ages - it's the second book in the series I started last week. Way cool.


Your turn!

10 comments:

Virenda said...

Today is the day for meme's....

Okay I love yoga and hope your class goes well.

I love mysteries too so let me know the title and I'll go get it. :0)

Wynn Bexton said...

OK, I'm going to play, but maybe not til tomorrow.

Sam said...

Thanks Wayne - I get it!! I loved 'Splash' - very funny film - my favorite character was the secretary who had been struck by lightning and wore her bra outside her clothes. But that also made me think of 'A Confederacy of Dunces' and I wonder if theydidn't swipe that character from that book?

Sam said...

Virenda - the title was 'A Plague on Both Your Houses' by Susanna Gregory and it was pretty good. I don't know if I'd run out and buy it full price - it was her first book in the series and considerably weaker than the one I read afterward, 'A Deadly Brew'.
I got the books in a used bookstore, so didn't pay very much for them. Maybe try ehr first at the library - she has quite a list of books.

K.A.S. said...

Yay on the agent! What great news.

So what's the trilogy? I'm always looking for more books to read ;)

Wynn Bexton said...

Hi Sam, OK I've met your challenge to play along and mines up on my other blog
http://ruthakik.blogspot.com
(Conversations With Myself)

Did ya get that tiara yet?

Virenda said...

I tend to go to the used book store often but only because I read so much and so fast that it gets quite expensive.

Thanks for the title. I'm always on the search for a good mystery series.

Jona said...

Staying home, inside comes with tea and pictures of rugby players. Going to yoga, outside comes with cold and freezing rain. You have more will than me ;o)

Jess Riley said...

congrats on signing with an agent! :)

Sam said...

Thank you Jess -
and Jona - it was really a toss up if I would go or not - especially as Yoga starts at 8 pm and ends at 10 pm - so it's very late (half the time I fall asleep on the mat, lol)