Monday, January 09, 2006

Tackling the TBR pile

I joined Angie's TBR challenge - a book a month from my TBR pile.
Here is January's book:

Title: Tarnished Dreams
Author: Tricia McGill
Year published: 2004

Why did you get this book? I bought it online from Sheherazade Books last year, but never got around to reading it.

Do you like the cover? I can't remember the cover and the cover is missing from the file, lol.

Did you enjoy the book? Yes, but I had some issues with it. I loved the characters, but I thought that the heroine was very immature. She grew up at the end but it was too little, too late in my mind. The hero was terrific. The setting was unusual and well done too.

Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again? She's not new to me, I've read four of her books and liked them very much - this was the weakest one of her books so far but she's such a good writer I will definitely buy something of hers again. I love how she does characters and emotion. She gets 5 out of 5 stars for emotion!

Are you keeping it or passing it on? It's an e-book, so I won't be passing it on. It was enjoyable, so I guess I'll keep it in my files. The setting, Tasmania, was interesting and I may re-read it for that.

Anything else? I think that her other books are better - if I were to suggest her to another reader I woulsd tell them to start with White clover, or Blue Haze, for example. Both outstanding books.

5 comments:

Wynn Bexton said...

I should sign up for that. I've got three books started but never seem to get time to read them unless I'm going somewhere on the bus or whatever. When I'm at home I am too busy usually. But I really want to read more. Have shelves full of TBRs. So I think this is a good idea.

Angela James said...

I got you!

And Wynn, you can find the challenge at http://briannasmommy.blogspot.com

we have 25 participants right now, more are always welcome!

Sam said...

Thanks Brianna!
I can't believe I have to join a challange to read, lol, but I always seem to be too busy. At least this got me pouring through my TBR pile and sorting it out.

Wynn Bexton said...

Brianna, you'll see me soon. I have three books started. Got to finish them one-by-one and this looks like a good challenge.

Sam said...

Ack - my goof - Brianna is Angies darling daughter, lol. Angie - sorry! (Your blog name is very cute, BTW)