Sunday, January 29, 2006

Cabbage Patch dog



Here is a picture of Auguste, sound asleep on my daughter's lap.

Poor Auguste had his vaccination yesterday, and about two hours later I took a look at him and noticed that his eyes were almost all swollen shut. In fact, his whole face was swollen. He looked like a Cabbage Patch dog. I called the vet who told me it was a rare but thankfully not dangerout allergic reaction to the vaccine, and I rushed him back to the vet's office where he got a shot. He's now back to normal, thank goodness.
This morning as I did the laundry he jumped in the laundry basket, grabbed a pair of shorts, and dashed into his little doggie carrier (that he uses as a bed). I looked inside, and there was one of my son's shoes, my daughter slipper, and the pair of shorts. Plus a dish towel and a sock. He's not a dog, he's a pack rat. Nothing was chewed - just stored away.
He did get a hold of my daughter's riding helmet and chewed it to pieces, however. So he is not exactly Mr. Perfectly Behaved. Yet.
I'm babysitting this weekend for two adorable children and their dog, Popaye. Popaye is a Jack Russel terrier and very funny. He spends most of the time trying to stay away from Auguste, and I spend most of my time cleaning the house. As you can tell, this weekend is not going to be very prolific for my writing.
And it's Still Cold out - it rained last night and froze, so there are patches of ice everywhere. Our front walk is particularly treacherous. I will be extra careful not to fall.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, be careful not to fall! You broke your wrist was it? No more of that!

To cute about the pack rat. :-) And glad cabbage patch dog's reaction wasn't serious!

Sam said...

It was my elbow, now thankfully mended and I can finally start gym tomorrow.
It's getting a little warmer, so the ice will soon be gone and we'll be back to our eternam Mud, lol.

Wynn Bexton said...

Well you're certainly getting off to a good start for the Lunar New Year (year of the dog)with all those doggies around.

I went to the New Years parade today. Wrote about it on my
"Conversations with Myself" blog.
The history of me and dogs is included.