Sunday, January 08, 2006

Renegade Aquarius cover

I got my new cover yesterday, and thought it was very nice. I love the colors, and since it's about an Aquarius, the water bearer was very effective. But this is the thing: they ("they" being the powers that be in the art department) asked me to tell them hair, skin, and eye color to personalize the hero. I sent in this: short, light brown hair, brown eyes, pale skin. This is what I got: a swarthy Rasta. I got a case of the giggles when I saw the cover. I also did not recieve a note telling me I could ask for a change (which I've gotten every single time up till this one) and I think it's because last time (for the first time ever) I asked for a teeny change. I found the poser-figure's arm looked like it had been badly broken (sometimes poser figures get joints where they should not have joints, you know what I mean?) and I wrote back saying I LOVED the cover, could they please fix the elbow (and me here with a broken elbow, lol) Anyhow, I didn't get an answer, and this cover came with no note letting me know I would be able to make suggestions and change it.
SO.....Without further ado -
Here is my cover for Renegade Aquarius - please ignore the swarthy Rasta on the cover, lol.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's a pretty good cover, as far as covers go. You could still ask for them to make the changes you want. Can't hurt to ask!

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

It’s a very nice cover, Sam, but I understand your concern

The other day I received a truly gorgeous cover from EC’s art department for my next book. I mean, it was absolutely lovely--the artist did a wonderful job--and I told them so. However, my book (the first in a series, so each book will basically have the same cover) is a madcap, screwball comedy with a kind of chick-lit feel, while the cover created clearly indicated a deep, dark, brooding, intense and strongly serious story.

This is the first time I’ve requested a change (I really HATE to do that) so I hope all will be okay. :-[]

Anonymous said...

He looks like the lead singer of P.O.D., only more buff. Nice cover, though.

And P.O.D. rocks.

Sam said...

Thanks for the kind comments - I'm going to let my editor decide whether or not we should ask for a change - she was the one who kept asking if I'd sent in the hero description (yes, yes!) So she'll be the one most surprised, lol.
I do love this cover, so it's a shame they (again - those anonymous powers-that-be in the art department) didn't make more of an effort to follow up on the cover description guide they sent me!
And OK Wayne - now I have to go find some P.O.D. to listen to!

Wynn Bexton said...

He's a pretty hunky swarthy Rasta. Rather large bicepts! Humahuma...