Monday, February 12, 2007

Wind and Rain

On top of the hill... The Washing Shed...


This past week has been a mixture of storms and sunny moments. Hailstorms, thunderstorms, windstorms and rainstorms washed upon us. In between there were bright spots of watery sunlight and the dogs ran about and splashed in the mud.
One blustery day we took a walk to the top of the hill and along the fields in the back of the village, then we went to the washing shed in the bottom of the valley to rinse the mud off the dogs and our boots. I can't tell you how muddy the house is - I have two mops, one standing by each door, so that when anyone comes in, I can clean up the footprints!
Since the workers are still doing the roof, the road just outside the house and the walkway to our front door is muddy, and the mess of tiles and boards and scafolding is not a pretty sight! You can see why I'd prefer to go on long walks than look out the window and see this all day!
This weekend I also discovered you can never put too much garlic in a dish. I baked chicken breasts with a massive amount of garlic, some soy sauce, some lemon juice, a dash of worsesteshire sauce (can's spell that lol!) , and about 2 cups of chicken bouillon. Had it over Chinese noodles and green beans. The kids & hubby LOVED it. It's now in my recipe book. Remember - LOTS of garlic.
The scaffolding mess outside. I can't wait 'till it's done!

5 comments:

Gabriele Campbell said...

Definitely lots of garlic.

We've got the same weather here. Snow, wind, rain, wind, a bit of sun, wind, rain, wind .... and not cold enough for my taste. I want temperatures in the minus Celsius.

ORION said...

Why do I always get hungry when I read your blog?

Bernita said...

Here we have temps in the minus Celsius.
The green mocks me.

Anonymous said...

Gabriele - can't even have TOO much garlic, lol.

Pat - Sorry! :-)

Bernita - it's so abnormally warm I haven't scraped frost off my windshield once this year.

Sam

Stacia said...

Ooh, that sounds great! I love soy and Worcestershire together, and when you add garlic it's even better. I marinate chicken in that mix, too, or stir-fry it, it's delicious.