Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Cold Snap

The cold returned with a vengence this week, putting frost on the windows and turning the grass white and sparkly in the morning.
I've been hard at work starting another book. I'm about 10,000 words in and starting to get an idea of where it's going. (I have the beginning and the end...I just have to find the middle. It will appear. I'm 'pantsing' this one, which means no outline...Unless I get bogged down in which case I will make one.
Note to self - outlines will prop up a sagging middle. Does that make them the girdles of writing?

I also started a daily photo blog - combining my love of photography with my love of procrastination - I think I've found my calling.
I'll go down in the record books as the author with the most websites.
So go here and see what life is like in a twelfth century French village.

Montchauvet Daily Blog

Or go here and see how well I can procrastinate (and sign up as one of my Friends, lol)
My Space

Now I'm off to haunt the Washington Post's discussion groups. (I'm elevating Procrastination to an art form...)

11 comments:

Virenda said...

First it's great to see your "new" photo. At first I didn't even know who you were. ~wink~

Okay I love photo blogs so I'll take a peek. :0)

Oh and congrats on the new book, let us know how it goes.

Wynn Bexton said...

I always enjoy your blog so I'm sure I'll enjoy the new one too. Shall check it out.
Procrastination...ah, yes!...but this week I've been such a good girl and finished another chapter (with difficulty) as well as I'm editing a collection of poetry for someone (a paid project so it's given me much incentive!)

Sam said...

Thanks Wynne and Virenda - this is just a photo blog - just one picture per day. I haven't even gotten around to today's picture - I'm waiting for the light to hit the church just right (doncha know)
LOL

Jona said...

I like the photo blog :o) But I'm sorry to hear about the weather, it's been sunshine here the past two days, but someone said it was about to get cold again - your cold no doubt!

Sam said...

Hi Chey - I'm still going slowly, lol. I stopped for a few minutes and my son sat down and (unbeknownst to me) wrote a bloody gun fight into the scene. I came back and was like "What????"

Bonita - thank you, lolol!!

Jona - it's still chilly, but my tulips are growing! (crazy flowers - they're going to freeze their little buds off...)

Jim Donahue said...

>>(I'm elevating Procrastination to an art form...)

It's what the Net is best at.

Gabriele Campbell said...

Ohh, piccies. Shinies. Me loves. :)

Where did you find all the links to other photoblogs? I just spent half an hour browsing the lot.

Procrastinating? Me? Don't know that that is.

Lena said...

Outlines are useless for me. They're like a warmup or foreplay. They get me in a groove, but the finished product never looks anything like the outline!

Love your new profile pic - hottie. ;)

Patrice Michelle said...

Oooh, she's pantsing! Go Sam! :o) I've never written the ending of a book before I got to...well, the end. LOL! I guess because I don't want to know what happens until I get there. Sure I hav the idea in my head...ie, the basic gist how it will go, but write it? Nah, then in my mind I have written the novel and I'd be ready to move on to the next book. Yep, I've never been one of those people who picks up a book in a store and reads the last chapter of a book either. I don't wanna know! LOL!

Sam said...

Thanks for your comments guys! I love taking pictures, Gabriele, and my daughter took this one of me, Lena! I agree about the NET, Jim. I have to be stronger and resist! And I didn't know you didn't outline Patrice, lol! OK - feeling better now, am in good company!

Anonymous said...

visit phdcomics...they have some of the coolest tips about how not to feel guilty about procastinating.....medusa (typed in my name coz ur blog refused to sign me in as a blogger)