Friday, October 07, 2005

Out, out, damned Spot!

I played Lady Macbeth in our school play, and I loved it. But whenever I think of that line I think of that cartoon with the dog named Spot...anyone see that?
Anyhow, I finally caved in and set my comments section to word verification. My humble apologies to the hurried and dyslexic out there. I know I have to type the damn thing at least twice to get it right - and it keeps changing every time, but sometimes it goes from Lots of letters to very few...
So there I was as Lady Macbeth, coming down the stairs in the darkened theater, rubbing my hands together and bewailing the blood - when the window that had been hung on the wall (to make the stage look like a big castle) comes crashing down at my feet. I didn't miss a line. I stepped over the window, ignored the titters from the audience, and said, 'They just don't make these Scottish castles like they used to," before continuing my speech.

4 comments:

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Oh, very smooth, Sam! I wouldn’t have had that presence of mind under the same circumstances, I assure you! ;-)

Wynn Bexton said...

And nary a spot of blood? How cool!

Sam said...

No blood, lol - I was supposed to be sleepwalking. But when I said that the titters turned to guffaws and I could have messed up my next ten lines - nobody heard me. *sigh*
The life of a drama queen is SO hard.

Karen Scott said...

See Sam, I knew you would succumb eventually!!

I used to watch the cartoon with Spot in it!!