Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A box of books!

I just got a box of books from my mom. She buys them, reads them, and sends them to me. So now I have a huge TBR pile and I'm pretty excited.
I've been meaning to read Doug's book and I will, as soon as I get back from Germany. The conference means I've been a bit frazzled lately. I'm leaving the house, dogs, and daughter with number two son, who (at 20) is very responsible and a good cook. But I felt I had to get everything in order to he didn't have a pile of laundry staring at him and dust bunnies under all the furniture. So I cleaned and laundered and shopped, and then packed. (For only 3 days, it's not like last year when I went to RT for a whole week and really packed, lol).
Anyhow, I'm bringing 'Wicked' with me to read on the plane, and then I can't wait to get back and read the other books.
Turning Angel
Dark Harbor
A Man Without a Country
We Need to Talk about Kevin
To the Power of Three
The Lighthouse
The Rottweiler
Dead as a Doornail
!!
:-)
!!
:-)
Books just make me happy!

3 comments:

Stacia said...

I've heard interesting things about "Kevin". Seems it's a real love-it-or-hate-it kind of book.

Haven't read it myself, but I'll be interested to hear your thoughts!

Stacia said...

Oh, and btw, ever come over to Blighty? We're right across the Channel!

Jona said...

I don't know what it is with me at the moment - but I can't seem to read anything :o( My interest in everything is low, but I'm hoping the weather improving will give me a hefty shove in the right direction :o)